Saturday, January 5, 2013

Update: "All Men Want Is Sex"

Can you believe this?  "All men want is one thing." How old do you think this person is that makes this kind of statement?  Well, I was just recently told this by a family member this week.  This person always downs men because of the heartbreak they incurred through life.  On the other hand, the person NEVER once has ever said what they have done wrong in these relationships.  Does this sound like someone of 20, 30, how about 40?  I actually heard this from a 60 year old.  This argument in the black community is just getting too old, because I don't stand for this anymore in my life and for a long time. 

What was my response to this person?  Do you actually think that you can have a sensible conversation with someone with so much baggage?  I tried to say that people bring into their life what they say others are.  That's all I could get out to say`before the backlash.  In her case she has some daddy issues.  The man has been dead for over 40 years and she still can't get over it.

Are there black men that are no good?  Just as much as there are black women who kill their men.  Where does this get us going but  back and forth, black people.

I am a strong believer, sister n' brothers in the law of attraction.  You think there are only negrods out in the universe all that will you attract are chickenheads.  Also, what I have witnessed is a woman who has a good man becomes embittered by what she believes he is not fulfilling her needs and her low energy level perpetuates non-existent threats to her relationship or being. To defend her Black Pride, she take it out on a good man and turn him into exactly what she feared.  Can you see Michelle Obama having these little girl issues with Barrack?  If she does, she kept her insecure emotions in check and backed her man up into the White House.

I believe you get what you put out, and you get what you think period.  So, Dr. Rochelle here prescribes every woman who says this mess to just start saying, 'I don't care what type of men are out there for the other women because I am a faithful, heavenly creature of God and He has a man just like me waiting for me if I just believe.' That's rockstar quality and even if he shows up at your death bed, he will show up, probably bring you back to life.  This is how I always thought and looking back, I had a few fakers who got through, but they respected a sister before they were found out.
The universe protects a positive mind. 

Anyway, my focus in Black Pride isn't going to go to that extreme, but I do have one character who is a little wild and a friend of the Elizabeth character who is a jaded divorcee twice removed like my family member above.  She'll be making an appearance for two separate scenes to mimic this kind of character.  If any of you have watched Why Did I get Married, and you remember the buck wild Angela character, she will be as wild as her.

How was my writing week?  Horrible.  Just disgraceful.  I am not in the writer's environment.  I remember J K Rowling's interview with Oprah after she had finished her last book.  She was in this castle-like hotel room where she was able to get away from the raucous of her family home to concentrate on writing.  Also, in her beginning writing career, she would go to little nooks, and cafes.  No, I'm around family noise, senseless interruptions, music etc.

But I being a good veteran, I try to keep my word.  So, your reward for coming here today, I just posted the full epilogue which is the second revision.  So take a look.  It needs a lot of work.  It is sort of my assignment/schedule to post it at a certain time to keep motivated in a very unmotivated environment.

Well, for this next week, I'll return on Saturday and hopefully by then I will have more to report about my writing endeavor and encounters.

Have a peaceful week,
Denise Rochelle M.

No comments:

Post a Comment