Saturday, April 27, 2013

Even if Mr. Darcy Existed

You survived another week, you deserve to sleep a little bit before mowing the lawn or running to the mall.

I must say that I finally was able to write a little something.  But surprisingly, about part 2.  As I said before, it does not matter where this novel journey goes, it is a story that must be told and will be told no matter how many readers it reaches.  And it screams to continue.

Anyhow, I always see a lot of women who love Pride and Prejudice complain that there will never be a real Mr. Darcy.  I concur, if that word means I disagree.  Lately, I have lost my extreme eloquence in wording, but will be regaining that soon when I start reading again.

I know it's possible to have a real Mr. Darcy.  Let's examine why we love Mr. Darcy so much.  Well, let's get past the easy parts such as a great dresser, his know how and of course his high standard.  That's the external which is easy to have. But let's look deeper.  Why do we want a Mr. Darcy when he was very unagreeable, was detached from emotions, Elizabeth had more to talk about in every conversation, he complained about everything that did not have an iota to do with his standards and the list goes on.

I think what we love about Mr. Darcy is that DESPITE all of the negatives about him, no matter what, he still could not shake that Elizabeth shook him to the core of his soul and heart.  Mr. Darcy had the whole world and love castle in his hand waiting for society to see him through to the next generation only to forego all of his 'dreams' for the love of his life.  Something thought to be lower class, but actually deemed higher when all of the external pretenses were carried away.

Take away the 'charm' of Mr. Darcy and you have a very unagreeable man who fell in love with a very honest woman.  I believe if Mr. Darcy did not come to his senses the second time around, Elizabeth could have found a matchable suitor, not as passionate as she may have wanted, but she would not have died alone.

That is just my opinion.  Before we go off wishing for a magical Mr. Darcy, just see him for what he is, a regular man who fell in love beyond his reach.  But then that wouldn't be so romantic. ;) Well, it's about that time, I hope you have just as an agreeable week and enjoy the rest of your Saturday and make the best of it.  Smooches!


Denise R. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment