Saturday, December 15, 2012

Video (eek!) Update


"I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine." - Jane Austen Pride&Prejudice


Jane Austen, you were born way too soon, it's like you could see the future of what would never change!!!

(Freshly washed and moisturized face not a natural glow, btw)

I moved back to Arkansas from LA to write another novel and self-published for my family, and now this peaceful environment is great for My Black P&P.

I'm not much of a fan of pictures or video of myself, but I like variety!  I probably take one picture a year and run from the rest.  The profile pic is how I think I look and all the others are just crazy angles that don't represent, so this is rare footage, OMG!  Here is me this week on my family's land. 

I concentrated on the comedy aspect layer and will be for longer than expected.  It is actually fun to do more so than any drama I written.  Anyway, if you are a fan of P&P you will remember there was one character who was always drinking and sitting around Mr. Darcy and his sister and in the television adaptions he is always sleeping.  I found out that this dude is actually funny when he is awake!!  So, you will be seeing him re-imagined as Domino at just the right time in my adaption, awake and with a mouth that says what everyone in the room wishes they could say.

Here's a blurb of what I recently added.  Remember when Elizabeth went to the Darcy's with her aunt and uncle and bumped into Mr. Darcy.  When she left the women were making fun of her clothes, hair and the way she looked.  Well, here I have re-imagined Elizabeth as Giselle and Wesley as Mr. Bingley, and Ambrosia replaces Bingley's annoying sister.


My Black Pride & Prejudice Excerpt:

“Her hair was much wilder and untamed than usual.” Ambrosia said.

Domino wakes up at the precise time of the women's counting of Giselle's many misfortunes,

"Actually, I like that wild Rick James Brown look on a woman.  It's a refreshing change from that catered ... well-bought look I see everyday.  From the nails to the hair, one doesn't know if they are kissing a woman or a manufactured piece made in India."

With that Domino rested his head on his shoulders leaving Wesley to snicker in the background.

The ladies unable to object to this information raise up their dainty cups and sip their tea in tensed silence.



This is only the second layer of comedy re-write, so I hope to add more flavor and Jane Austen style writing to it in the final draft, I don't want to interrupt the flow.

Thanks for reading and leave any advice on what is funny about Elizabeth's family whose father is the mayor of Manhattan yet living in a "farm" in New York.

I'll return on Wednesday with an update.  Until then, have a fun rest of the weekend and keep reading anything with words. :)

Love and Peace,

Denise Rochelle M.

No comments:

Post a Comment